What usability is not (excerpt)
Good article by Vishal Mehta on a topic that is typically too subjective. Click here for the post. I wanted to summarize the list of “not”s for a quick glance.
- Not expensive: rather does not have to be expensive.
- Not free: thankfully so. Often the cliche is true; you get what you pay for.
- Not minimalism: my favourite. The temptation is strong and i am wannabe minimalist but it is good to not confuse the two.
- Not user experience: This was interesting.
- Not all art: truth.
- Not simplicity: i tie this with the non minimalism message.
- Not kill creativity: feels a tad bit defensive, but i have heard this argument before.
- Not common sense
- Not good design.
- Not about following some rules.
- Not a luxury: this one might be a tough sell to most of the world.